Monterrey & Cancun


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
February 14th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok , so i was a week in Monterrey and it has been a great week , first i want to thank Lucy for showing me the city so thanks !

We went to the museom of Mexican history where ive got to learn about Mexican history , from the beginning with all the locals that were here, the Spanish people coming here a few centuries ago and the Mexico revolution .

Weve also been to the Glass museom, whice was a bit small but very beautiful glass things (mostly glasses) but there were small Mexicans playing thier small guitars and a few scenes from the Birth of Jesus made completly with glass .

I also tasted a lot of Mexican food , its mostly the basic Tortie and the verity is in the filling , but i also eat gorditas (i hope thats how it spelled) whice is like a very small Pita filled agian with mexican fillings and a Potato with chesse i forgot its name whice was very tasty .

after i said goodbye to Lucy i went to the Monterrey airport and bought a tickted to Cancun , i was sure its gonne be cheaper by bus but when i cheacked the cost it was way cheaper by plane , the plane ticket was so cheap that the taxs on the ticket doubled its price .

I arrived to Cancun around 10Pm and i was surpprised with a bit of rain , i toke a bus to Cancun downtown and i was going to a very cheap hostel i got from the internet , but when i got there the gate was closed (they dont open 24 hours only untill 10PM) and i had to find other place to spend the night so i walked a bit untill i found other hostel (and got there all wet) , so i toke a shower and went to sleep .

the day after i cheacked in to a hostel that was one block away from the hostel i was staying in but alot better conditions , it had breakfast and dinner ingridians free and in the same price , also the people here are way nicer .

The first day i met a lot of new people and we all sat in the hostel and drunk beer , tquile vodka and rum till the morning , the funniest thing was that there were two Chinesse girls first day outside of Chine and they didnt drink a beer or smoked Ginger* in their life so it was very funny seeing them .
Also theres a couple from Norway very nice people , and i was playing Chess with the guy , the first game he won in 7 moves but the secound game i won and he was all coursing in his language ..
The day after we played anthoer game and i was sure im gone win becuase i had some good moves and he was also sure im gonne win , he was about to give up when he said ¨what the fuck¨ and tried just chess me every move untill surprisingly he won !

I also went to the beach area here, its so beautiful the first 100 meters are Tourquise color and you can walk there easly but the waves are very high about 1 meter high and becuase of that i didnt get to see alot of underwater stuff , i tried snorkling a bit but zero visabilty ..
Thats in for now .. Nir

* - not really ginger

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb