Turtle Spotting!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 10th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up real early and headed to the beach to hire a boat. We had read about lots of turtles and dolphins in the sea so we wanted to go and see them. we got the boat for 30 usd and headed out along with the New Zealand and Canadian couples. Saw a few turtles anjd each time, the crazy man driving the boat jumped overboard trying to catch them and left us to our own devices. After about 20mins the skipper of the ship started yelling something about a fish...it transpires that he actually had some line tied to his arm which we hadnt noticed, with no bait just dangling it off the back of the boat. He ended up catching a huge fish, which probably meant a few beer tokens for him when he got back to dry land!!

Then , Matt, the Canadian guy saw a huge turtle and dived in and caught it. Then David jumped in and was swimming with the turtle. Class! They brought it over to the boat and we got sum great pics! Then the boatman lifted the turtle into the boat so we could all go over and touch it. Dont worry tho, the turtle wasnt hurt at all and then we jst let it back into the water. Matt and Lena had been out the previous day and seen hundreds of dolphins and I mean hundreds but unfortunately, we werent that lucky as the swell on the sea was huge and apparently they dont like that.

We then headed to a cove called Carrizillo which was beautiful and really secluded to go snorkelling. Everybody headed out except me cos I was a big loser and didnt think I could swim the whole way out and back against the current, plus the waves were massive so I chilled on the beach and soaked up the rays. When they gt back, they said thet the sea was pretty mrky and that they didint see that much.

The rest of the day was spent shopping, eating and lazing by the pool. Only a couple of more days here until we make the trek inland to San Cristobal, heading towards the jungle and some ruins, although we could so easily jst stay here for the duration. The pool and bar feels like home, everyone is so friendly and so are the owners and we jst do what we want.

Advertisement



12th March 2007

Hello!
Hey u guys, i've finally worked out how to use ur travelblog...i'm very proud of myself :-) ur pics are absolutely amazin - it looks so gorgeous over there. Not to sure bout some of the wildlife that ur encountering esp da cockroaches...yuck!! ur not missing too much bak here, weather has been pretty cold unlike da crazy warm temp yoused have been getting. Keep on having a great time and i'll be in touch soon (now that i've worked out how to do stuff on ur blog!) Leanne X
12th March 2007

Turtle spotting
I am so jealous of David swimming with the turtles.Water looks fantastic.this place looks like paradise.Lagoons look amazing.What a time you two are having!Continue to enjoy and go safely.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb