Monte Albon


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca » Monte Albon
October 24th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Monte AlbonMonte AlbonMonte Albon

Shot of the far ruins at the top of Monte Albon!
It´s really nice being in Oaxaca city since it has fast internet! Cheap too! This was a good update for the blog. We visted Monte Albon this morning, it worked out pretty well because we had thought it was an all day thing and were a bit worried when we slept in and realized we were all really hungover. Jord looked in the mirror and realized in the heat of the party I had coaxed him into shaving his beard into this weird goatee thing! Yes! Victory! I remember waking up this morning to Jord attempting to fight the mutant moth that was so far beyond anything we´ve ever seen we´re pretty sure it was actually an albatross in the bathroom. God it was quite something, I ended up slaying it after someone actually locked the door on it and we had to pick it (who locks a door to keep a moth inside a bathroom??). The morning then progressed to the aftermath of our meal last night... bad things in the bathroom we conversed about what might have caused it, and figure it was probably the sausage we bought for our spaghetti that in retrospect was NOT refrigerated. That being the case, attempting to identify the cause of our misfortune did absolutely nothing to resolve it.

So that was an odd morning in our first official hostel, it´s quite nice, lots of people to hang out with and such. We went and bought our bus tickets to Escondido and we leave tonight at 11pm. We hoped in a taxi to monte Alban which was quite cool, the first ruins i´ve ever seen. I´ll impress you all with my knowledge of them at some point, maybe somehow, it will lead me to a victory over Dad in trivial persuit one day... even though we´re all pretty sure he´s just memorized the entire box of cards.

Regardless, the ruins were cool, we laughed at this really weird hippy thing dancing amongst them, and then proceeded to hydrate ourselves because of last night. We didn´t tell our taxi driver to come back for us ( a bit of an oversight) so we´re stranded on this mountain now, but it´s ok we´ll walk down... so finally a bus came by and we jumped on, it took us to downtown Oaxaca and we found our way back to familiar territory with the help of my cumpus! (no not really). In any case, we´ll wake up on the beach tommorow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 28; qc: 133; dbt: 0.1452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb