Monterrey


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nuevo Leon » Monterrey
February 5th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Anyhow , after i cheacked in the Hostel i toke a shower and went to a Oxxo (kind of a 7eleven) , and bought a just-add-water meal , after ive finished eating , i called Lucy .

Lucy use to live in Israel , in Rehovot , both of her parents are doctors and (surprusingly) Lucy studies Medicine as well in the Monterrey university , shes a very good friend of mine and i think ive been talking to her like 6 years ..

Because i was starved (could you believe in AA flights they ask money for the lunch !?) we met at the metro and went eating downtown whice is a very nice place with shops and malls and all and ive ate some Torties , after that weve been walking around the city alittle and been to a small charch where weve seen the remians of some saint or something she died about 180 years ago , weve been walking next to some Goverment buildings and lucy explaind me about the Goverment section that suppose to help poor people get accomendation but actualy takes thier money .. sounds very familier .

And today weve went to a big Museum-park in Monterrey , that Lucy expliand to me one was a factoury for steel or glass and when the factoury closed they put parts of it to display , very intersting some sections reminding a few secenes from Terminator .
but in this park was an iceskating arena and of course i went iceskating and of course i fall of the cold ice and of course i crashed the side of the arena but it was so much fun , i made two full circules in the end without falling ! but a few hours later my butt really hurt ..

After that we went to a place called Dialog with darkness or something its a really amazing place that put you all in darkness and let you experiance being blind , including walking with that stick , we went throw 3 sectoins , the first was like a supermarket , there we had to feel everything (and we had a disagreement about something that might have been a big cucamber but might be a big corn as well) the second section was a street where we had to navagite a little and the third was like a trip on a boat , in the end we sat in a cafe , all in the dark and had to trust the saleperson that told us she can tell between a 50 and 20 pesus bills ..

The thing that really surprised me was that couples getting married use to picture in that park next to all the rust of the old factury , i guess for someone born here this place means a lot , but i dont see one couple from Israel that would take pictures on that backround .. 😉

By the way in paying for the roon about 140 pesus a day whice is about 14$ and when i was walking the streets i saw advertisemt for a place 100 pesus , when i asked them they told me 100 pesus for 2 hours .. thats the place i live in for now 😉

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb