Heading home


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Rincon de Guayabitos
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's almost over. What a wonderful winter!!

The park is emptying out quickly. Our Street of Dreams usually has 13 rigs on it and now there are just James and Karen and us. It is time to empty the basement and vacuum, sort and rearrange our 'stuff'. We don't have alot of stuff like some people. In the fall when our neighbours are going to empty their bodegas (storage lockers) and setting up their patios etc, Larry and I are backing in, putting out the awning, setting up our chairs and making a marguerita. Thats the way we like it and work hard at not collecting way too much stuff.

We still love our little home on wheel. We have a small unit compared to so many in the park but big enough for us.

There have been so many social events. That seems to be what we do best. Either eating or planning on what we are going to eat. Seems like lots of potlucks to clean out our fridges.

We will leave here on Monday, March 23rd, travel just north of Mazatlan, then the next day head to Los Mochias and then be in San Carlos on Wednesday. Thursday we will be in US. It is a wonderful feeling to drive across the US/Mexico border. It feels like back to civilization! A sad statement but to be able to go to 1 grocery store and buy anything we want or need. What a pleasure.

We will spend a few days in Yuma and then 4 nights in Palm Springs. Friends from Mexico that live in Surrey will be there so Larry and James will golf. Then we will head out to Tehachapi, Ca to pick up my silverware!! I put our good silver in our trailer 5 years ago and as my friend said "6 too many potluck dinners" we have lost 6 big forks to my set and a few other pieces as well. I found 8 place settings on Craigs list in San Diego for $80 so had it was sent to James and Karens house in California.

We plan to be home about April 9th or so hoping to get together with family for Easter dinner. Back to the wonderful family traditions. That is probably the thing I miss the most. The family time!! We are so fortunate because we love going home and I know our family loves us coming home. So many people don't have that great kid relationship.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.9kb