el último día :(


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Cuernavaca
July 7th 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hangin out with the peceshangin out with the peceshangin out with the peces

melissa, me and anna hanging out with a fish fountain outside our classroom
wow.

i honestly can't believe this is my last day in cuernavaca! i knew i would need to value this week but i didn't expect it to FLY by. i've turned in my last essay, taken my last exam.. i actually don't have anything to do until my conversation group at 1, and all we do then is play a board game or something. then we have our graduation (and the group in the theater class does their play) and then home to la comida.. then perhaps taking some pictures, packing up, hopefully a quick cena (hehe) and then its off to a bus station to leave around 9 and drive all night (until about 5 am) to oaxaca. ¡qué triste!

as i said, this week has flown by. i think a big reason this happened was because i have finally gotten to be really happy and comfortable here and have begun to really enjoy going out and meeting people. the night of the 4th of july, we had plans to meet up with carlo and ricardo but only ricardo showed up. we drove around a bit trying to find a fun new place. we found casa mandarina, but
mi clasemi clasemi clase

timoteo, anna, me, melissa, and jennica
there were about 10 people there, so we came back to los arcos for a little while, then over to la estación. time at school has been going well. i love my two classes, and my conversation group is incredibly weird. our leader, anaii, giggles the entire time. its crazy! haha. i've really met some great people here, i wish i had met them earlier so i could have gotten to know them better! wednesday night, molly, leslee, lauren and i went to go see cars (wednesday nights, movies are about $2 USD. its amazing!) dubbed in spanish! it took me a little while to get used to it, and at the end i got really tired, but in the middle i was really doing well understanding it!

thursday was a really fun day that made me really sad to leave, but also a day that made me glad to leave on a good note. if that makes any sense 😊... anna brought in a cake because it would be her and melissa's last day with me, since they were going to acapulco today. we had a lot of fun taking pictures and talking and stuff.. then after school
paco!paco!paco!

paco about to matar (kill) the cake anna bought for my second-to-last day of class!
uninter had a fiesta del verano (summer party) where the mamás all cooked food and you could try all sorts of fun things! it was really fun, kind of like a goodbye celebration! of course, the food wasn't as good as tina's though! then we walked back to school to get my cake (which we ended up giving away, hehe) and we got some ice cream.. i think i got cheesecake flavored. YUM. then a guy gcame up to us wanting to practice his english, so we talked to him all the way down the street. we bought sunflowers for tina and headed home to set them up and pick up our laundry. after hanging out around the house for a little, lauren and i went to the centro to pick up some last minute gifts and some cash. later on, a bunch of us girls in the furman group took our mamás out to dinner at las quintas (our mamás are all best friends, its really cute) where and then molly, leslee, lauren and i went to nacho's. it was kind of awkard because we were the only people under 40 there, and the mariachis were SO loud, and barking at us.. but our drinks were good and we laughed a lot 😊 i had a lot of fun.

today has been really good. seriously. i can't believe i won't be coming back here monday! and that last night was my last night in the castañeda sanchez house! 😞... all we did today in my class was play hangman and watch ice age in spanish 😊.. so fun. im gonna miss the carefree-ness of uninter. and, of course, my friends and professors!

alright, i have been in this computer lab way too long putting up pictures and writing on here.. time to go outside and enjoy my last few hours here!

i am not sure when i'll be able to write again, but i promise i will as soon as i can 😊.. everyone have a wonderful weekend! i miss you all, but i will see you SOON!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

me and the mizzou girlsme and the mizzou girls
me and the mizzou girls

anna, me and melissa
grupo de conversacióngrupo de conversación
grupo de conversación

"tooker" (tucker), anaii, leslee and me
uninteruninter
uninter

here's a glimpse of the campus.. conversation group tables and one of the many random pools
mexican electionsmexican elections
mexican elections

advertisements for the elections this past sunday are EVERYWHERE. this one is for the party called PAN, and there is some graffitti on it that reads "they are all whores." oh, mexico :)
el mercado de artesaníasel mercado de artesanías
el mercado de artesanías

an indigenous woman painting a pot
mamá tina y sus hijas!mamá tina y sus hijas!
mamá tina y sus hijas!

leslee, me and lauren and our adorable mamá, tina!


7th July 2006

wonderful pictures - it's great to put faces with names you've mentioned - don't forget to take some of tina and nacho - and karen may want to get in on the action, too!! ha.
8th July 2006

tina does look adorable!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb