1st Weekend in Morleia


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Michoacán » Morelia
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this last weekend was pretty eventful!!! Friday night I went downtown to el centro with some girls from my group to take a historical tour of Morelia which was very interesting..We had this hilarious short and skinny Mexican guide who sounded like a commercial..but none the less it was very informative and interesting. There was one building that was a school and the man who founded it loved it so much and was so passionate about it that when he died he donated his heart to the school and it is still there on display...kinda gross..but interesting too!
Saturday we got up really early and traveled to the neighboring cities (pueblos) if Tzintutzan, Patzcuaro, and Santa Clara. In Tzintutzan we got to explore some awesome ruins of an ancient Mexican culture, the Tarascans, and what they built was really amazing!! Also in the town below the mountain where the ruins were we got to visit an artisans market where the made so many beautiful things from straw.
In Patzcuaro we took a tour of the whole town. It was very tradicional and I loved it! Everything was made from adobe, or clay, and it had so much history. I took some time to walk around and explore by myself the open air market and all of the little shops. They had wicked ice cream there called ´nieve de pasta´, which is like shaved ice cream but it does´nt have milk in it..anywho wicked good!!!
In Santa Clara we got to see how the artisancs melt the copper down and make there products to sell. They still do the process the old fashioned way so no two pieces are exactly alike! Really really cool! (Kinda like the plates from the cape shmam and pa)
Saturday night I went out with my hermana to a club called ego...it was pretty overwhelming but really fun too!! It was up on a hill that overlooked all of Morelia and the one wall of the club was total glass so you could see everything! It was really fun to be able to experience a little bit of night life and get the chance to meet all of my sisters friends!
Sunday I just hung out and spent some more time with Carly and Efren, my two buddys!! We got to drive around in Efren´s convertable that he has for work so that was pretty chill..Yesterday(Monday) just school and then siensta. I am definitly getting used to the whole taking a nap every day😊
So all is well and more adventures to come for sure!! Miss you and love you all!!!!


Advertisement



8th April 2008

Zzzzzzzzz....
Oh, sorry. I was just taking a siesta. Don't get too used to it. Not much of that happening here. No hearts on display either. Why didn't you go in to see it? I like the placement of the "wicked"s. It's nice to see that you haven't lost that yet. Como se dice "wicked" en espanol? Have a great time! bk

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb