Guadalajara


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
September 14th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Guadalajara by night.Guadalajara by night.Guadalajara by night.

Many amazing buildings. My camera was struggling to capture a bit at night!
I have often heard that the best discoveries are made out of your comfort zone and this sentiment has never reigned so true than with this trip to Mexico. Lone traveller, flying into a new country, foreign customs, foreign language, but fortunate and ever grateful to be meeting up with some of the best people, the nicest families, uncompromising amigo's, to capture what was not so familiar to my Anglo speaking soul.

To experience such a rich culture is simply amazing, Mexico has so much the West could certainly learn from. Of course there are the hazards you always hear about - the roads being one of my major concerns as Mexican transport is still slightly dodgy and you hear all too often about the tradgies that happen to people far to young to die. All lost so stupidly, a result of the obvious corruption and flexible laws to those who can buy their way out of certain situations. There is also the Mafia here where are best left alone!

If ever the pro's outweighed the cons however it has to be here, family values are paramount, friends are true friends and as a result parties are a plenty! I will never get tired of kissing every girl I meet on the cheek (okay Rafa, not the maid next time, got that - finished laughing yet?!!) and thanks for the tequila guys, still haven't worked out why I am the only one drinking it while you sit back a laugh!

Mi casa es tu casa is a saying you'll here over and again here, so much more than just words. I have never felt so welcome in a strange place before, many thanks to the precioso families of Manuel and Rafael. Muchas gracias, muchas gracias!!

Okay and as for Guadalajara? Beautiful place, influenced a lot by European tastes and figures as you can hopefully make out from my dodgy photography taken late one night. The food stalls are absolutely fantastic, especially for someone like me who likes to eat, well... always! Mmmmm the taco's, MMMMMMM the torta's!!!! yum!

I love the streets, the crazy roads, the homes, the super amazing markets (now there's a treat ladies!) I can see many a day withering away at Guadalajara's main market place, the beautiful paved roads in the markets just down the street and of course the people.


Viva la Mexico. Gracias por tratarnos tan bien!

JMex.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb