Guadalajara from the top and the beeeaaachh!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
May 17th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Gaston y DanielGaston y DanielGaston y Daniel

Ahhh!! My dad and brothers names!! Its on a street that I pass everyday before and coming back from school. It always makes me think of them!!
So here it is!! Some more photos!!

In the last few weeks we've been chilling out and trying to buy the most mexican exotic stuff before our departure.....and stuffing our faces with the last few bites of the ummmmm food. My personal favorite is stuffed pineapple with seafood and cheese on top...like hawaiian pizza but sweet jesus it's so much more scrumsious!!!
So the day to day life in Guadalajara mostly consists of walking to the big ave close to where we live and get a hit of exhaust fumes and a few cat calls from the builders on the other side of the street. Not so cool.
****Sidenote: A friend of mine went to Boston and began to think that she longer was attrative because no one made remarks or whistled to her in the streets. Bah, I guess when you get use to it and when that day comes where you no longer get whistled it could be a blow to the ego. Damn it, I hate it when macho attitudes win!
But then I get on the bus and get a musical performace from a or some musician singing and playing on the bus for a little
Guadalajara from the top!Guadalajara from the top!Guadalajara from the top!

I live somewhere close to those two twin towers (Guadalajaras World Trade Center! Its polluted!! We climbed a hill close to the city limits
change. It always gets me motivated and find the little joys of living in this city!! We also get daily visits from our water man who loves to come and chat as well as our cheese man who gets super disappointed when we aren't home to buy cheese. Sammy, the neighbourly dog, sits at the entrance of the apartment hoping for a pat and a belly rub. He's so cute but stinky!!

Street meat is dodgy but I always say if mexicans are eating there, Im all over it!! But rumor has it that if it's chewy it's horse meat, but there's also cat and dog meat roaming around.
Every weekend we try to go to the local markets, tianguis, to buy some fresh fruit and find ourselves tempted to buy the latest pirated DVDs for a buck! A buck!!

This weekend we went to the beach again!! ahhh, I love it!! Sayulita is well known for it's surfing...well beginner surfing. Oh yes I did try, but I swear it was the boards fault that I never got up!! It was sooooo much fun! We went with Paulina,Mexican, Tina and David, German, and Logan, Cara and Amanda, Australians.
La francesaLa francesaLa francesa

Logic has it that we like to go out as a group and match with our partners!! Lol!
Talk about international!! We found a place where they rented out tents for 3 bucks on the side of the beach!! Forget about all inclusive...this was soooo much better!!

The weekend before Mat and I went with friends to climb a hill on the outskirts of the city. It was a super cool view because you could see the garbage fires and/or forest fires in the distance, the difference of the poor and rich housing. Urban panning here never really happened. The poorer areas are in the east of the city while the rich in the east. But sometimes you can see random low income housing smack in the middle of a richer area.


So there it is! The inside scoop of what goes on in this city!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

CrossCross
Cross

Mike and Adriane have the best canadian humor and Adriane shares my rage for Steven Harper!!
In the hooole!In the hooole!
In the hooole!

These are our housemates from the first month that we lived in Guadalajara. Adriane and Mike are from TO and Patricia and Matt are from Minnesota. Super cool people!!
Top beach spot!!!Top beach spot!!!
Top beach spot!!!

Sayulita is the spot for beginner surfers and its AMAZING!! I loved it!!
On the beachOn the beach
On the beach

Tina, David, Paulina and Mat
LoundgingLoundging
Loundging

Tina, David, Logan, Amanda and Cara
Colored chicksColored chicks
Colored chicks

These chicks are usually colored for easter but you can find them in lots of the local markets. What are they for and why are they coloured? Its Mexico!!
Pig skinPig skin
Pig skin

Yup, deepfried pig skin. Nothing can beat pig skin with chili sauce and a squeeze of lime!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb