Swine Flu


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
April 28th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!!

Just thought I'd give you a little update on how this whole swine flu thing is going for the country of origin!

I hope no-ones worrying about it too much, the situation isnt quite as bad as the UK news seems to be making out. All of the schools in Jalisco state have been closed which means that the children have nothing to do all afternoon. They are all suspended until May 6th so that might mean that a lot of them go back to their houses...if not we're gonna have a lot of extra work to do over the next week! As it is Jalisco hasnt actually had any confirmed cases of swine flu at all so it's purely precautionary.

We've recieved messages from lattitude with advise from the embassy and council advising us to cover our faces with a mask if we go out, and not to have close physical contact with anyone if possible. There have been information leaflets through the door full of advice and on the tv too - no hand shakes, no greeting people with a kiss, go to the doc straight away if you have any symptoms etc etc!!

It's making me feel glad for the first time that I'm a long way from Mexico City, unlike the other volunteers!

So I just want to let you all know not to worry - although I'm sure you're not - and that I'll keep you posted on the situation!

Love to all (although no hugs or kisses!!)

Jen

Advertisement



28th April 2009

PHEW!!!
glad to hear all is ok, was wondering if you were still with us!! hehe! take care luv zo xx

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb