Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 29th 2017
Published: January 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Made our breakfast at the hotel and had another fairly low-key day. Walked to Playa Madera again, got a table in the shade, and took out books and crosswords. We ordered drinks. They have the best homemade lemonade ever. I should learn how to make it. The spot was called Rana Rene. We searched our dictionary and Internet, and finally found out that it is the Spanish name for Kermit the Frog. The beach was fairly empty for a Sunday.
The boardwalk goes around this area of the beach. Saw several people sitting against the stone wall under the boardwalk, where there is some nice shade.There is a massage area set up along the beach here too, but we have never tried it.

One guy was walking the beach with a metal detector, presumably looking for treasures. One vendor was rolling a wheelbarrow type of cart along the beach, selling drinks. Ice cream vendors were rolling their carts along, tooting bicycle horns along the way. Another vendor was pulling a barrel of something behind him, ringing a bell along the way. Young children were running in and out of the waves, wearing their plastic innertubes.

Later in the afternoon we stopped at Dona Liche, just down the road from our hotel. This is the super inexpensive, good home cooking place. An entree, salad, tortillas, and drinks, all for about $2.50 per person.

Again tonight we decided we were too full for a big dinner, after our late big lunch. Sunday night is very quiet here, and most markets and small stores were closed. The banana bread lady was there and gave us a big smile. Next stopped for ice cream, but still no cones. We opted for a frozen strawberry bar on a stick, which was very tasty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb