Riding Horses at Sunset . . .


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
February 26th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

My sister, Melanie, and her boyfriend, Andrew, are cruising with me this week. Before they came, we’d emailed back and forth about the things they wanted to do in the ports. The one activity they were really interested in doing was horseback riding. Today we’re in Acapulco and that’s the day we decided to go riding. There was some last minute switching around of tours and we ended up going on the sunset ride.

We boarded a bus from the pier that took us through Acapulco and South along the coast. Unfortunately, the traffic in the city was awful today and the trip to the ranch took more than twice the amount of time it was supposed to. But eventually we got there.

The beach was lovely. Light coloured sand, crashing surf. The sun was already sitting low in the sky.

We were assigned our horses and we set off. My horse seemed very attached to man’s horse - my horse kept cutting in between the man’s horse and his wife’s! Mel and Andrew’s horses were all about being in the lead - they were far down the beach from me. We rode for about a mile along the water before the group stopped to take some pictures. Then we turned around and headed back. I took so many pictures along the ride! My favourite ones from the day are here.

When we got back to the ranch, the sun was just about to slip below the horizon. Then the guides brought out the champagne. A row of cottage deck chairs were lined up along the sand. We sat down with our glasses of champagne to watch the sun slip away. It was so pretty. And while we were told we’d only have one glass of wine, our guide was really generous and we were given a few! We were pretty giggly - and then sleepy - for the bus ride back.

Again, unfortunately, traffic was pretty awful and the ride back through the city was also slow. But we got back to the ship in time to shower and get to the dining room for dinner.

The ship was in port until 1am. I am always working in the evenings so I don’t get to enjoy the night life and the bars like most of the other crew. But this week I was able to have the night to myself. So after dinner, we went back outside and took a taxi to Paradise, a beach bar popular with the crew. It was nice and fun but we were pretty worn out from our big day so we didn’t stay too long.

We left the bar and walked along the strip for a bit. We passed a churro stand and we had to stop. Mel and I used to love getting churros at Disney World when we were kids - we never found them anywhere else. So we toasted with our authentic Mexican churros and headed back for the night.

Another big day tomorrow . . .


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Expert in TrainingExpert in Training
Expert in Training

This little guy was quite the pro at handling the horses!


19th April 2010

very pretty pics Netter!

Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 29; qc: 152; dbt: 0.2119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb