Final Destination 4


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
December 31st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wish BoneWish BoneWish Bone

Laura under the Wish Bone at DFW airport hoping we´ll catch our flight to acapulco
Having flown AA twice in the past 5 years and both times having issues with mechanical problems with the plane, we weren´t surprised to find that when we arrived at the air port at 4:30 am that our flight had been cancelled due to mechanical problems. The first attendent placed us on stand by for another flight to Chicago but apon arriving at our gate we were informed we were dreaming if we thought we could get on the next flight. This attendent put us on a stand by for Dallas that would connect to a flight to Acapulco. After an anxious hour we were thrilled to receive boarding passes with actual seat numbers. Although Neil remained skeptical not believing our good fortune until sitting in his seat. While standing in line to board the plane we commented that is was desiny that we fly on this plane, because this would have been our flight had it not been fully booked when we made our original reservations. We joked about how this could be the next sequal to Final Destination. Apon arriving at our seats we were thrilled at our good fortune of getting emergency exit seats only to discover someone sitting in Neils seat. To our surprise he actually had the identical seat ticket. After some scambling we were given 2 seats together at the front of the plane only to be told we would have to move again. Neil returned to the emergency aisle while I was stuck at the back with the cattle. Doors close and we both breathed a sigh of relief that we were on our way.

We taxied to the run way and the pilot dumps the clutch, hits the nitros and before you know it we´re tearing down the run way, that is until the pilot decides to abort the take off. No words were needed to express the shear terror that Laura and her seat mate felt as they shared an eye popping stare. The script of Final Destination 4 begins to unravel as the plane skids down the rain slicked run way (no joke). Only the skill of the pilot and the grace of God had the power to stopped this plane filled with newly born again passengers from parking itself on Hwy 427 South. A system error (Hi I´m a Mac, I´m a PC) was given as the reason for the aborted take off. After a reboot we´re cruising along smoothy at 35,000 feet when Neil feels nature call. While standing at the back of the plane with legs crossed patiently waiting his turn, we experience what can only be decribed as a massive speed bump, with the comforting words of a stewardess saying "What the hell was that". Only to find out later we had crossed the jet stream of a 747 traveling perpendicular to us. As we begin our initial descent into Dallas Fort Worth Texas we are informed that the airport has been closed due to severe weather and we would be in a holding pattern for an undetermined amount of time. As fuel reserves begin to dwindle scene 2 of Final Destination begins to play out. To avoid a plane from dropping out of the sky, ground control decides it´s best to divert us to San Antonio Texas. While refueling on the tarmac in San Antonio we are unable to deplane, Neil charms 2 sandwiches out of the stewardess to avoid a hypoglycemic episode (potentially scarier then falling from the sky). With bellies full both Neil´s and the plane´s and catastophy averted, we´re back in the air. We´re feeling good. We´re on final desent to Dallas. 500 KM per hr and 300 feet from the ground, ground control informs us there is still a plane on the run way. The pilots instinctive skills once again pull us back from the brink up disaster to send us screeming back into the air above Dallas. With Laura´s seat mate clinging to sanity the words "Oh My God" excape her lips. The cabin explodes into applause after a safe landing. Deplaning we are informed that our flight to Acapulco left 3 hours ago and we would have to wait for the next plane tomorrow and AA would not cover the cost of a hotel nor would they return our luggage to us (assuming they actually have it).

Advertisement



1st January 2009

wow!!!
Sounds like you guys are having the time of your life!! He-he. Just think, it can only get better. Happy New Year guys, see ya in 2009. love the Benders
6th January 2009

Mexico
I can hardly wait for the next blog. Happy New Year and please stay safe.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019kb