Acapulco addition


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alright I wrote that in a rush and realized that I forgot a lot of important stuff and just wrote skin deep about the experience and some about bars. My bad, its just that the nightlife is the most famous part of Acapulco.
Here are a couple of good stories.
We watched the US mexico football (soccer to all yall back in the states) at a bar (there arent really restuarnts, just bars) on sunday which was lot of fun. When mexico scored the first goal, confetti blew up all over the place and everyone went wild. fog horns blew and there was incredibly loud music that could've only passed for music in a place like this. we won the game and everyone was quiet except for us. i was surprised that we didnt get attacked, but the mexicans were very gracious. they didnt expect to do well, and it coudlve been a lot worse. the pride was amazing.

the first night i was holding onto my friend jill's credit card and when we got back to the ship we coudlnt find it. we went rushing back to try to find anywhere we couldve been and passed some police near where we had gotten out of the cab. they had the card but wouldnt give it back utnil we paid the ransom. we didnt have any money so jill stayed with the cops (who all carry assault rifles or tactical 12 gauges) while i SPRINTED back to the ship. i fell off a flight of stairs i attempted to superman and cut up my hand, knee and elbow really badly. i continued running back, dripping blood, until i got the money and paid the cops off for the credit card. ive heard a lot of other stories about paying off cops for public urination and skinny dipping already. fuckin kids....

i ignored all of the rules about food and ate a ton of declious mexican food in sketchy restuarants for aobut 250-3 bucks a plate. i was in heaven. i didnt get travels diarrea; i got constipated. oh well...

the beach was gorgeous and i took some awesome pictures of it and went swimming several times. there was gross trash that floated up in some places, because it had recently rained and the trash from the poor mexicans thta live in the hills had floated down. sad, but still beautiful.

there was a storm last night and we went to the top deck bow and watched the lightning. the rain was so hard it felt like hail hitting you in the face. it was freezing cold and the wind nearly knocked me off my feet. it was exhilarating.

ok, thats a better picutre of acapulco.

love,
stewart ryan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb