ACAPULCO


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ok Acapulco was absurd. I'll try to go in chronological order becuase so much happened that I can't really say it all, plus I'm not sure who all is reading this and some things are a little too crazy...
We bungie jumped the first day which was a lot of fun, and a fitting way to begin Acapulco. Later that night, we went back to Paradise (the bar where we jumped) for a friend's 21st, and we bought him a jump (he wasn't with us earlier in the day). The next day we went to San Diego fort where we saw Japanese tourists who looked even less integrated into Mexican culture and then went to the local market where I got some more comfy sandals and my went shopping. We didn't buy much, saving money for later. Saw the underbelly of the city and some really poor areas which gave a sharp contrast to the bright touristy areas. I've never see such unhealthy bonestructures on people that I can't even explain, either from some strange medical conditions or extreme malnourshiment. Later that night we went to Paladium which is the biggest club in the western hemisphere (or so I'm told). Danced with a lot of local mexican girls which was fun; I also met the love of my life but she didn't speak any English and my spanish (while improving) was hardly enough to communicate, especially given the noise. The next morning we found out that one of our good friends (hannah perkins-smith) had a collapsed lung and was in the hospital, so we went to visit her, and she will not be coming back on the ship which is a huge bummer, especailly because she looks like Uma thurman and thinks that crazy mexican porn is hilarious, which it is. That night we went to a cowboy bar for a couple of coronas before we went to the Cliff divers which are mexican dudes in speedos that jump off really high cliffs into a narrow pool with torches. It's one of the few cultural things to do in acapulco, so we did it, but it wasn't that exciting. Afterwards we went to a mexican strip club, where anythings goes. they showered behind our table after they danced....ask for details later.

i have a ton of work to do for my classes which are a lot of fun. i remember why i hate science, but i think that climate change will be enjoyable anyway, though we have 8 papers and 6 quizzes and two tests. fun fun. computer music is awesome; we already recorded a bunch of intresting ship noises (engine, dining hall, etc) and are requried to make a 10 second ringtone for tomorrow. i'm exhausted and need to go eat some lunch. sorry for all the typos etc in here, i dont really care and time on computers is short.
love,
Stewart Ryan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb