Acapulco 2003


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
June 18th 2003
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pacific OceanPacific OceanPacific Ocean

The view from the hotel room was not too shabby!
While in Cuernavaca we took a weekend trip to Acapulco in 2003. We arrived late on a Friday evening and stayed until Sunday. It was rainy much of the time that we were there but that did not stop us from enjoying the beach. Our hotel was in perfect position to take advantage of the city. The hotel was literaly on the beach as one of its exits lead straight to the sand. Acapulco was more of a relaxing tip than a cultural trip as I would imagine it is for most people. Saturday we did go to see cliff divers which were real amazing. Otherwise it was night clubs, watching my roomate bungie jump, going out to eat and of course the revenge of Montezuma!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

La QuebradaLa Quebrada
La Quebrada

The cliff divers were amazing. They jumped from 50 to 110 feet and they landed in shallow water. Aparantly the trick is that they need to time their jump so that they land when the waves come in. The amazing thing is that when the waves are not coming in the water is as shallow as 5 feet. Seems like there would be more people hurt but everyone landed safely when we watched. It is worth the small admision price and you do recieve a free beverage too.
La PlayaLa Playa
La Playa

Here is a look at the beach where we swam from the hotel.


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb