Week of culture and craziness


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This week has been a well cultured week. Went to the casa azul (Frida Kahlos blue house), then to a Tutankhamun exhibition, then finally to the Diego Rivera museum.
Oh i also for got to mention that i put on my stab proof vest and ventured out to Tepito (apparently one of the most dangerous parts of the city) to see the shrine of the Santa muerte (saint death). After having asked for directions the local security guard decided he would take us to the boarder of his 'area' because it was dangerous. So off we ( a British traveller i met through a friend) trotted following this guy tho who knows where.. Finally he told us he couldn't go any further, demanded we pay him and pointed us in the right direction... or was it?
After about a half hour walk in the 'wrong' direction... in one of the most dangerous parts of town we were soon pointed in the right direction (almost where we had come from).
The shrine was nothing like i had expected, though i guess i wasn't expecting a skeleton dressed up in a wedding dress. But it did have this eerie feeling about it, but that was also contributed to the area is guess. It was well worth seeing, even if you are constantly watching over your back.

Last night as my friend and i were leaving the city, a big pick up truck (ford Lobo- like those big ford 250 trucks) was parked right up behind us boxing us in with another a car in front.
So as we (i say 'we' as in my friend) tried to get out we tapped the ford behind us (it wouldn't have done anything, probably just tickled the car), so the owner came running out of his shop and was like you owe me money... my friend was like nah.. and drove off.
Next thing we know this guy comes screaming up behind us and cuts us off to make us stop.. then we get in past him.. he starts chasing us all around the city...like he was trying to ram us. He would come up beside as and swerve in and out coming up really close as if he was going push us off the road.. it was effing scary... this went on for ages, we kept trying to lose him.. but we were just in a tiny corolla... he was being really dangerous.. then we finally had to stop at a red light.. he then cuts in front.. chucks it in reverse and and rams into us, then drives off. He was such a crazy jerk. It was all pretty scary, but at the same time.. kinda of exciting, it was like on the movies.
P.S.. mum don't worry im fine 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb