Palenque


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
January 8th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tired? Nar, way past that!
We left Mex city in the arvy a little hungover on the first day of the year!
A 14 hr overnite bus, with no real sleep then we arrive in P @ 6 in the morn and got a cheap hostel (5 bucks).
It would have been sooo nice to sleep but no rest for the wicked! We went to P for the runinas and all the tours went in the morn.
We investigated doing a tour but they were all day tours, so being independant travelers we opted to do it on our own.
We got a colectivo out to the ruinas, had a look for a while (really cool ruins in the jungle). Then after it was hot as and there are some cool h2o falls in the area. So we got a lift to Misol Ha with a tour bus and has a swim (so nice and cold) and a 2 buck corona.
Then we hitched a ride back into town in the back of a locals ute!He had his 2 kids in the back and we stopped at his village to pick up his mate. Sitting in the back of the ute trying to teach these little kids to play snap and letting them listen to the ipod, top experience.
Last nite in Mex, so we go out for fragatas, margaritas and tequila shots.
Then finally bed, but up at 5 for the van, boat,bus to guatalmala.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



6th September 2010
Big leaves

wow thats awesome

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb