Jungles, monkeys, & patruli oil


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Puebla was a fantastic time but it was tme to head to some warmer weather. It took a couple days and a night in an interesting town called Minatitlan, but we made it to spectacular Palenque. This a an ancient Mayan city covering a lot of area. Complete with temples, palaces, ballcourts where the losing team lost a lot more than the game, and breath-taking scenery, we spent the better part of the day here. The temples seemed to rise straight out of the ground with mountains covered in dense jungle as backdrops, amazing. As with every site in Mexico, school children of all ages run rampant through out the entire area. Part of the city goes down into the jungle where you can see all kids of wildlife, including monkeys. Then we decided to do some camping in a nearby jungle "resort." Interesting. Won't say much about it but the scenery was nice at night, I mean the jungle about us. Lots of patruli oil, thought I was in Santa Cruz for a bit, sorry Sara. With Belize in our sights, we headed for the border town of Chetumal. Of the border towns I've been to, this place was really nice. We spent the night and the next day decided to try to obtain some form of official looking document regarding the fact that the front license plate fell off the 4runner on the highway in the middle of some of the thickest fog I've seen. Yes, I am pretty much saying that we tried to go to the DMV equivalent in Mexico. There's not one building for all services and it took asking a cab driver to show us the way as we followed. Surprising not too many lines and we not have a very official looking document explaining our situation complete with four different signatures and a couple serious stamps. We then headed for the border which was a fairly simple process except for the fact that Mexico charges you to leave. We hit the duty free zone to buy some "clothes" and shortly found ourselves in & out of customs and on our way to Beize City.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb