Sabbath at El Oasis


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » San Felipe
June 22nd 2008
Published: June 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

El Oasis has a church here on campus, a nice little church of about 75 - the friends and families of El Oasis. We presented Sabbath School and church featuring Jean, Joanna, Marilyn and Vivian. Afterwards we were treated to a wonderful traditional potluck giving our food crew a much needed break. After day 4 of VBS we drove to downtown Valle about miles away to see the church school (about 150 kids) and church in town. There are about 200 members of a town of about 400. At the church in Valle we saw our old church pews. It was wonderful to see how beautiful they look in their church. The 2-section long pews that broke down to 2 pews and the sanded and stained the unfinished end to match. It was really special to bring back all of the memories of the past here in Valle. Even our "presents" of old bubble gum under the pews remain in tact. Remembering all that we went through and the prayers to find a home for these pews it was grateful to sit in those pews again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Stray birdStray bird
Stray bird

One of the kids "adopted" a bird that fell out of a nest at VBS
PewsPews
Pews

Does this bring back memories?


23rd June 2008

wow....
wow...! the last time i saw those pews was when we had to carry them out of the church at vallejo...now they look great at this church...nice to know that someone bought more than only one! :)

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb