The Move


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » Rosarito
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to all our friends who visited us during our numerous garage sales and who helped us get out of Santa Cruz. We finally left at 9:30 pm on Sunday, August 26, 2007. We (or should I say Press) drove all through the night. At 5:30 am, Press said ok, it now it is your turn to drive. Our first argument ensued when I told him that my head had been bobbing around all night and I had not really slept as the car lurched every time he scrolled through all 13,000 songs on his ipod.

Luckily we were just approaching the exit for Laguna Niguel which is where Press grew up. He has many friends there that are like family to him, so we pulled up to Lael and Tim Fresenius' house at 5:30 am. The lights were off at their house but within 5 minutes they were on. Justine went up to the house and said "hello" and scared Lael to death. But she welcomed us in and within 5 more minutes, while Tim was in the shower, Justine and Press crawled into their still warm bed and Lael took the girls into the kitchen. When Tim came out of the shower and saw two bodies in his bed, he thought he had died and was looking at himself in bed.

After a couple hours of sleep, we continued on to Rosarito, MX. The last thing Justine remembers is looking longingly at the sign that says "Last exit to the USA". Then we were over the border.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb