Mexicos Biggest Flag


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » Ensenada
July 14th 2002
Published: July 14th 2002
Edit Blog Post

Mexicos Biggest FlagMexicos Biggest FlagMexicos Biggest Flag

Least that's what I read somewhere.
Ensenada boasts Mexico largest flag. The Mexicans really like their flags, this one is about 100m across and dominates the landscape, visible from nearly all parts of the city.

I think that I should introduce the team for phase II of Mexico properly. Me: Ali - 26 year old transient - enough has been said already. Matt: 26 year old English guy with an American passport - love of alcohol, women and spicy food. Used to work in London in the city for Abby National - thought there must be more to life and decided to travel the world just in case he was right... seems familiar. Robbie aka Boghen/RoboGhen: 24 year old Canadian from New Brunswick, loves women, soccer, mild food and adventure - good looking guy gets lots of attention from the ladies. Bi-Lingual French and English, played lots of soccer at uni. Can't eat Mexican food - too spicy.

So back to Ensenada: the day went fairly smoothly - apart from my heavy pack being heavy. We checked into the America Motel as it was one of the cheapest in town - around $10 a night each. Ate spicy Mexican food, found an ATM and an Internet Cafe. The evening is where things kicked off. Food - I order Tuna stuffed Jalapenos - and regretted it - I need to translate what I order in future. Hot hot HOT! Hussongs is one of the most famous bars in Mexico - with good reason, it was really fantastic, cheap beer, authentic decor, lots of Mexicans and not so many tourists, the Mariachi's were really good - not good enough for 3 guys to wish to be serenaded though. After a while we went over to Papas Bar, where a really talented Mexican covers band were playing, lots of good looking seniorities were about - but many guys as well.

At about 12 we left having had lots of beer and a good time. We were walking back to the motel when a car with four of the seniorities from Papas drove by with some waving, and then again, and then again though this time they stopped and rolled down the window. We got talking ... erm they had almost as much English as we Spanish - so we found out names and promptly forget them. Anyway we went to a karaoke bar. After much painful conversation
Mexico's FlagMexico's FlagMexico's Flag

Dominating the town
- we said that we would sing in English if they did in Spanish - I said pick anything. They picked Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time. They picked there own songs. We sang Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" in a bar populated entirely by Mexicans - out of tune and out of time. We were lucky not to be beaten up out back and left for the wild rabid dogs - Matt has a fear of rabid dogs - I have had a rabies injection and have arranged to deal with rabid dogs if he deals with knife wielding, gun carrying Mexican bandits - sounds a fair trade. The girls sang in turn individually - some Spanish stuff. The Karaoke turned into a disco - so time for more dancing - lots of dancing. The girls dance very well - I dance pretty badly but it was fun anyways. Robbie - the main instigator of the evenings entertainment to be honest, got one of the girls numbers - to call for breakfast and the beach the following day. They had a car.

In the morning Boghen called Esmeralda - arranged to meet at the motel. They eventually arrived on foot. After a bit of explanation it transpired that though they had a car neither of them could drive. We took a tiny yellow bus out into the suburbs - though they looked a little scary to us. Wandered into a navel base to meet Esmeralda's mother. Esmeralda is at navel school and has invited us to her graduation in February - I'm not sure if she understood if that we would be in Australia and Europe at those times but it was a nice gesture. Timer photo of all of us in the apartment to be added here. Robbie drove the truck downtown to get breakfast.... very brave man. We got breakfast - beef soup - I was saying about the translating. Took Esmeralda's friend/aunty (please send me her name Esmeralda) - to the bank... the queue was over an hour. In the hour Robbie managed to set the emergency break and not be able to release it, and also discover that turning the engine resulted in a strangled ticking sound, rather than the roar that the V8 Chevy should emit... we had broken down... no beach. The girls had friends who were mechanics and so we did the honorable thing and left them with the truck, exchanged email addresses and went to get ice cream.

Added 2004/03/07: Looking for information on Mexicos Flag? Mexico's Flag 😊


Advertisement



16th March 2007

we need a bigger picture! some people have homework 2 do!
25th February 2008

hi

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb