Montreal and Quebec City


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
May 7th 2012
Published: May 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

French Canada! Did a morning tour of Montreal before heading off to Quebec City. Love Montreal - which got its name from Mount Royal. Anyway, Montreal (they drop the 't'😉 is an island with hills (although the guide was calling them Mountains but possibly a bit optimistic ...but didn't have to walk them so may have been a bit judgemental). Anyway, saw the 1970's Olympic stadium from a distance and drove past Millionaire's Row (my name) where Tommy Hilfinger lives.

Also visited the Montreal Notre Dame Cathedral - not allowed to take photos inside given service was about to begin- but I have never seen anything so elaborate. I am not surprised it took 40 years to complete...magnificent.

Another stop at the Montreal World Trade Centre - but one of our passengers fell down some marble stairs and hurt herself (ambulance was called but she is a real trooper and is okay and rejoined our group). Saw a piece of the Berlin Wall in this enclosed mall. Interesting.

Afternoon we headed to Quebec city...OMG...absolutely beautiful & think will probably be my favourite Canadian city so far. Went for a walk into the walled section...lost for words...just ....beautiful says it all. A few of us had dinner in Cafe de Paris...lovely. I went all out and had the Lobster...yum. Waiters were generous and funny...playing to the table...great fun. Two wines with dinner and a complimentary Zambuca...wonder I can type anything tonight...am feeling quite relaxed...lol.

Am back in hotel room and have switched on TV. I have now seen The Simpsons in french (for about 3 minutes...lol). It feels so much more foreign in the Province of Quebec.

Hope life is good at home. Miss you all.

Cheers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Section of the Berlin WallSection of the Berlin Wall
Section of the Berlin Wall

Montreal World Trade Centre mall
Stop off on way to Quebec CityStop off on way to Quebec City
Stop off on way to Quebec City

Surprising and beautiful...didn't walk on the suspension bridge though


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb