Day 10 Old Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
July 25th 2015
Published: July 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We started off in search of a crepe place that we went to 5 years ago. On our way, I kept looking for a little boulangerie that I recall we went to to get coffee and pastries the last time we were here. Surprisingly, I found it! I couldn't remember the name but could only recall that it was not too far from the hotel and was on a side street off of Rue St. Catherine. The place is called Au Pain Dore and is on Rue Peel. It's definitely worth going to for a coffee and pastry or croissant.

I don't recall walking so far for our crepe place the last time we were here…. we must have taken the metro. Chez Suzette is located in Old Montreal and is quite a way from our hotel. As has been the case with everything we've eaten in Quebec and Montreal… we walked (worked for it)! So we were so happy to find Chez Suzette after our long walk there. It was as delicious as I recalled from last time. Ice cider (alcoholic or non) is a delicious drink that is native to Quebec Province and has a slightly sweet apple taste… delicious! It's easy to find in Quebec or Montreal.

Old Montreal is quaint and reminds me a lot of Quebec with its old buildings and cobblestoned streets. There were a lot of tourists here today! After lots of walking and taking in the sights… we went to our hotel to rest.

For dinner, we found a gem of a place that served delicious and fresh Lebanese food. It's called Garage Beirut. SO delicious!! We noticed that there is a good variety of Lebanese cuisine (as well as other ethnic foods), so we went looking for a good place. Garage Beirut is a small (hence the name?) but clean and cozy place. The waitress was so friendly and sweet. We've had some great food lately, but this dinner was one of the best.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Fountain with historical figuresFountain with historical figures
Fountain with historical figures

Historical statues and monuments in Quebec City and Montreal include the role of Native Americans as shown here.


Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb