Back on the Trails again


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » South Shore
May 1st 2011
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For the first weekend of May we headed down to Montreal to Robert's. It was supposed to be nice down there and we hadn't had much nice weather yet so we took our bikes along in hopes to have our first ride of the year. The weather was phenomenal. It was hot and sunny and over 20 both days of the weekend. The first truly hot days we have had. We still had snow back in Saint Raymond, but in Montreal the grass was green and the early flowers were blooming.

On Saturday we took the bikes over to the park where Etienne works and Marc got a chance to bike around on his little bike too for awhile. Then we loaded him into the Chariot and joined by Frederique, we headed out onto the bike trails. It felt so great to be back on the bike trails. It was the first time we, as a family, had biked in town and it was quite different to bike over top of 6 lanes of freeway, compared to our quite biking in the bush. For the first half of the trip Paul was being quite the Eeyore. Complaining all the time and stopping frequently. When we finally arrived at an ice cream place for a snack, he got in a better mood and biked all the way home without needing to stop. We were out for a few hours and we all got a bit of a sunburn. Can't wait until we can go biking back at home.

On Sunday, Paul and Claude headed back out for a big ride. I was feeling very sore (biker's butt), and Marc wanted to bike so I walked with him while he biked and we headed over to the park. At the pace he is able to go on his little bike it is easier to walk beside than to try to bike that slow. On the way to the park we saw a marmot hiding under the cars on the street. Robert said that their subdivision is over run with marmots this year. Marc and another little boy had great fun trying to find the marmot, but he was always too quick for them.

On Sunday morning, the boys also went with Claude and Robert to go flying. We had our first trip of the year in the plane on April
Getting on to the bridgeGetting on to the bridgeGetting on to the bridge

The spiral to get on the bridge was fun to go down but tough to go back up.
10th weekend when Claude and I each went up separately with a boy. This time Claude and Robert took the boys up together. Paul had great fun taking photos of themselves and the scenery before they both fell asleep!

The afternoon was beautiful and we stayed later than normal so that we could hang out beside the pool and just enjoy the warmth and the sun. When we arrived back home our snow had dimished but unfortunately was still very much there in the snow bank areas. Sigh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Ready to flyReady to fly
Ready to fly

(from flight April 10th)
Paul, cool dude by the planePaul, cool dude by the plane
Paul, cool dude by the plane

(from Ap 10 flight)
Hanging out by the poolHanging out by the pool
Hanging out by the pool

Robert started to get the pool ready for the season. Hopefully we can swim next time.


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb