August 5th - 9th


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Mont Tremblant
August 11th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Jacob and I left Ottawa again for Quebec. We were headed for Mont Tremblant, another provincial park. Many of Gary and Louise's friends suggested this part to us. It is worth the visit, although getting there is a bit of a trick. The signage becomes confused right around the village of Mont Tremblant and I turned in cirlcles for awhile just to locate the right road that will lead you up into the mountains and into the park. Once there, the camping sites at the main lake are private, large and with lots of trees to keep you shaded from the hot days and with plenty of options for tying up your tarps for the rain that might come. Jake and I set up our home and snuggled in for the night. (one marvelous thing about Quebec… we never see mosquitos and have enjoyed sitting out at the fire in the evening)

We set out to hike the next day. This hike was only 5 km, but it seemed that it was straight up. The trails here are set up for two or three to walk abreast. There are separate bike trails everywhere, and there are tons of information sessions and activities. This trail led us up the side of the mountail along side a sparkling stream that fell and caught the light at every turn. We reached the height of the path to a lookout that showed the entire valley with Monroe lake below. We had our salami and cheeses looking out of the view, then returned for the decent. I prefer going down, Jake prefers going up. He climbs like a mountain goat, skipping and running at times, then stopping to wait till I reach him panting. I'm getting the cardio work out that I should have been training for before now.

We agreed to stay at base camp the next day. It was nice not to do much of anything. I did some bagua work and Jacob wrote some blogs, since he was weeks behind. That night there was an incredible thunder storm. The water pounded down, and in the morning I could see how the water had streamed off the tents creating mini rivers cut into the driveway of the tent site. Our tarp city and Mom's tent kept us bone dry.

Our last full day, we decided to drive up to Lac Escalier, half way through the park. The 24 km route takes you up higher and higher to a lovely winding lake that is very shallow and all sand. There is a heron and loon sanctuary on the two central islands in the lake. The campsites here are on the lake side and made us wish that we had not followed the park person's advice to stay central at Monroe. We were more than glad that we had come up for the day. We got out the Kayaks, packed up our lunch and went for a paddle. The clouds reflected in the water and we had our pick of little beaches where we could easily stop and have lunch. It felt like the perfect day.

In the morning, we regretted having to leave. Both Jacob and I turned to each other and said we didn't want to go. I believe that is the best way to leave a place, aching to stay a little longer.

À bientôt


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



11th August 2013

Que hiking
if Jacob likes climbing up next time here he could try the grouse mountain grind! It sounds like the two of you are having so much fun....you'll miss him after being togetherfor so long. So now look forward to your next bit together. Do you meet up in the maratimes We have james wife Arleda and. 12 yr old son, Finn with us for a bit so its time to be tourists in vancouver. The Langley gang are on their way eastward....your mom will be full of happy anticipation. Thinking of you with love J xoxo
14th August 2013

Sounds like you guys have had a great first leg of your adventure. Enjoy reading your blog. Stay safe my friend xox
17th August 2013

I will stay safe, now in NFL the playground of moose. I only drive in the day, and definitely have fun.
3rd September 2013
image

Stunning
Thanks for sharing.
7th September 2013
image

Rencontre en Nouvelle- Écosse au Bed and Breakfast Heritage Home
Good evening Gillian We are back home in Bathurst N.B. We had fun. We look your beautiful pictures and we saw your wonderful son, Jacob. Wish we meet again. Prenez bien soin de vous deux, amusez-vous. Ce fût un plaisir de se rencontrer malgré notre court séjour chez Mme Juana M. Au plaisir de revoir d autres belles photos. Merci de partager ton voyage avec nous. Léona et Yvon Godin
7th September 2013
image

Merci Beaucoup, moi aussi, j'étais bien contented de vous rencontre. C'est toujours bien de connaître des bons gens du monde.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb