Sioux Lookout, and the Spring Equinox


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
April 11th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LET THERE BE LIGHT...

The daylight hours now out-number the hours of darkness (except for the southern hemisphere)! The sun has risen at the North Pole, the birds are starting to migrate to their summer grounds, the flowers will soon start to blossom and the trees will get their leaves again. Personally, I think that the Equinoxes should get much more recognition around the globe, along with the solstices and phases of the moon. Many people are unaware that these are some of the most important events that have shaped the world as we know it.
Theresa and I went down to a friends' house by the lake, and with a few other people, including an Ojibway elder, we celebrated the change of season by a fire with the sound of drums and native prayers.

We've all been spending the winter exploring the vast swathes of wilderness in the area, enjoying saunas, making the most of all the plays, live music and what ever else the town has provided.
We've snowshoed, camped, snowboarded and made the most of the awesome winter.

It is officially spring now but there's still plenty of snow around.
We have a lot in store over the next few months so stay tuned for our next adventures...
D & T.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Pelican Lake Pelican Lake
Pelican Lake

From Sioux Mountain


13th April 2009

hey guys
where are you now? and pls explain to me (cause i really want to know) why solsticesequinoxesphases of moon are important? it tells you when to plant or move to hunt animals in olden times?

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb