A BUCK & DOE WITHOUT THE BRIDE AND GROOM??


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
April 10th 2009
Published: April 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Yes, the title says it all! Last night was our Buck & Doe, held at Tavistock Memorial Hall. However, guests in attendance would have noticed that the party lacked the Buck (groom) and the Doe (bride). We did not plan this intentionally! For any of you who have not heard the story, we were suppose to be home on Saturday, 4 April. Howevere, we got terribly screwed over by the UK Border Agency who has had our passports for more than 7 weeks now. We sent them our passports in February to update our visas and we should have had our documents back 2 weeks ago. Clearly, that didn't happen! We made many phone calls pleading to have our documents returned, only to be responded to with a grunt and an annoyed response due to the fact that they had to perform any sort of customer service over the phone. So, needless to say, we missed our flights home which have been booked since September and we could not attend our own Buck & Doe.
However, the story has a happy ending! We have such a fantastic wedding party and such fantastic parents that the party went great and we were
BannerBannerBanner

We can't wait to see all the messages left on this banner!
able to be at the party, projected on the wall, via web cam! So, we stayed awake here in England for the entire party, which was from 1am to 6am for us. It was well worth the all-nighter and we had a great time dancing in our own living room as though we were actually at the party! Thank you to everyone who came out. It was great to see our parents, aunts, uncles, cousins & friends (yay TSA crowd from university!). It was a lot of fun to talk to you over the web cam and see everyone out to support us. We love you all very much and we can't wait to see you in the summer!
Love, Will & Bri


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th April 2009

Love ya
Thanks for the video it was great. I miss you and look forward to your wedding. xoxo
12th April 2009

you are both worth it.
Hello your aunt Linda and myself, Jonathan and Nicole would have not missed it for the world just to talk and see you both via web... was good.. sometimes things that we plan in life doesn't work out the way we wish so we adapt. That is just part of what we are made of.. All the best and see you on my Birthday lol..... Hugs and kisses and lots of love from your Uncle Mike and Aunt Linda.... xoxoxoxo
15th April 2009

Bloody English
Those bloody useless Border Agency people - you should send this to them and let them know what they made you miss!!! Looks like you made the most of it though - good work!!!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb