First blog, Windsor Ontario July 2011


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Windsor
July 25th 2011
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 22, 2011 Brian and I headed off to Windsor Ontario for a weekend getaway. We stayed at the Travelodge on Riverside Drive with a view of Detroit. While the room was a good price there were a lot of noisy teenagers (from across the river, who come to drink legally at age 19).
First night we went to Cesars Casino and had a so-so dinner at the sports bar, gambled a bit and headed to bed early as we were planning on being the Thunder Over Michigan airshow by sunrise on Saturday.
Crossing the border was easy on the Ambassador Bridge and we had no trouble getting to the airshow which was around Ypisilanti, Willow Run area. It was extremely hot and humid and rained for about ten minutes when we first arrived, but thankfully the sun came out and we enjoyed the day. Brian got some great photos which he will have on his website soon I'm sure. There must have been 100,000 people at the show. Now I'm not much of an airshow aficienado, but this was one was good, lots of different planes from WW2 planes to Vietnam era to the Blue Angels.
After totally baking ourselves in the sun we headed back to Canada and a cold beer.
If you want great food and cold beer with great service, you should try the Loose Goose. Angus was our server and was polite, friendly and just an overall nice guy. Friday nights is 1/2 prive appetizers and I can tell you the burger sliders, puller pork sliders and the buffalo wings were some of the best I have had. I would highly recommend this place. There is also live entertainment on the weekends.
After dinner we went back to the casino where we played for an hour or so, came out even and headed back to the hotel.
Sunday morning we decided to take the slow road home, highway 3. That is another blog for another day. Lets say we had good lunch in Bleinham, saw windmills, and bought some fresh corn on the cob. We are planning on taking this trip again and stopping along the way to see what makes Ontario such a cool place.
Next trip is Scotland, in August.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb