Canadia!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 5th 2006
Published: September 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Toronto


Niagara FallsNiagara FallsNiagara Falls

Photo of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. The largets and most impressive of the 3 falls.
Canada or Canadia as I think it should be called has been great so far. Crossing the boarder not only added another stamp to my passport but introduced me to the most contradictory place that I think I have ever seen. Niagara Falls is one of the most spectacular things that I have ever seen but the land surrounding it was not declared as a national park so there is revoulting development on each side, particularly the candaian side as the water spills over into Canada from the States. Imagine the tackiest place you have ever seen, doucle it and then put some waterfalls near it. That is what Niagara Falls (Canada) is like. Depiste this, as we were in Canada and the under agers were now legal, we had to make it out to the local nightclub. It was a good sign as we walked up to the door that they were playing Kylie. Unfortunatley the quality of music got worse as more and more people came inside. In the end we danced until the place closed and trekked our way back to the hotel; once inside 4 of us continued to drink and talk. Unfortunately for one of the Aussie boys on the tour, he was too wasted and fell asleep on someone elses bed and got tought a valuable lesson; NEVER pass out with girls. He was dressed up in a bikini top and skirt and woke up the next morning to find make up on!!

The morning after was struggle town and we arrived in Tornoto to discover that we couldn't check into the hotel until 5pm. That was tourture, all most of us wanted to do was sleep! In the end we spent the day shopping, very very successful I might add and did some laundry and crashed out early. Today was much more productive; I climbed the CN Tower (the tallest free standing structure in the world) and went to the Hockey Hall of Fame (very cool to see Red Wings and other memorabilia) and tonight I am off to see a baseball match, not quite a Swannies game but hopefully a fun time all the same.

Miss you all, take care xox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb