Sailing - Sydney


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 12th 2014
Published: February 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

G'day mates

Well day two started off with us rested and ready to go on a nice sunny morning. We had a few errands to run then we had dinner and enjoyed a birthday cake. Then we packed u p and headed to Don and Hilary's boat Free at Last to get ready for our early morning 7am start to our sailing trip.

Now Day 3 - Out we headed under sunny skies and light winds to arrive in Sydney Harbour the next morning - this would mean sailing through the night. As we learned the ins and outs of the boat all was good... then after many hours on the water the crew started dropping off one at a time leaving the skipper to fend for himself...

Two of us took turns staying up with Don (who by the way wasn't ill at all I might add and a real trooper despite having no crew members) as we battled low winds and sea swells under a moonlite sky with a rolling boat. But we did manage to see phospherous on the water. Which is glowing water-very cool.

So finally after a long sleepless night we arrived at Sydney Harbour at 9:30am... sailing past the Sydney Opera House and under the Sydney Harbour bridge. We travelled along and came under the ANZAC bridge and anchoured in a spot with a view of the bridge. After an afternoon nap we are now all back on track and feeling better.

Now Fred and Don are enjoying a Bundy Rum...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



14th February 2014

Greetings from Nova Scotia
Cheryl and Fred -- what an adventure. Must have been spectacular sailing under the bridge. Hopefully we will see all your shots, maybe this summer? dme
17th February 2014

Fantastic!
Look at that sunset! Incredible.
5th March 2014

from sunny Sydney
I can't believe our four weeks has come to an end... see you soon!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.1kb