Still sailing


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 16th 2014
Published: February 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

G'Day mates

February 13: Our morning started off sunny and humid and the plan was to take the tender into Sydney for a few hours. Now was Don's turn to be off his game when he woke up with what appeared to be a stuffed sinus ... not good if the Captain is sick.

Maybe more Bundy the night before may have scared his sinus straight. Anyway it didn't stop him as we jumped into the tender and after checking out a few spots to try and tie up ended up at the Sydney Fish Market area.

After a short walk we made it to Paddy's Market for a quick shop, where we bought a few things... Fred decided buying a winter hat was in order. Then we headed to Darling Harbour for a cold drink- oh yeah! I forgot to say the morning was heating up and getting more humid as we moved around. Then it was off to the Pump House Pub for a brew.

After heading back to the boat, we pulled anchor and motored to a new inlet for the night. This time we anchored at Birkenhead Point where we had a view of a Marina. Here we took the tender ashore to get a few boats supplies and to stretch our legs, then returned to the boat just a little wet because the winds had picked up we got splashed many times. After dinner we had about 15 minutes of rain, thunder and lightening... but the winds did drop off.

February 14: Friday morning started off start at 4:30 when the rowing team decided to practice and paddle outside our boat... Then after breakfast we packed up under some cloud cover headed to out under the Sydney Harbour Bridge past the Sydney Opera House for our next spot for the night Collins Beach Spring Cove (close to Manly Beach north of the opening to Sydney Harbour).

After some lunch we took the tender to Manly Beach for a short walk, then back ot the tender and headed to Quarantine Island - this is where in the 1800's ships wanting to entry Sydney Harbour had to be checked for diseases if they were healthly they were able to carry on, if not the ship and everyone on it was quarantined on the island. It was a very interesting place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th February 2014

Wish i was there
So glad you two are able to continue your trip of a life time. It's a place i've always wanted to visit. So glad you are also able to get a few pics of Fuffy Gilmour in there too. Much appreciated. Bob.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb