On the road again, or are we?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Sydney
July 30th 2010
Published: July 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We spent the last couple of days relaxing, catching up and feeding our faces at Breda and Adrian's gorgeous home in Truro, N.S. Great timing to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary and Pat's 61st birthday. Pat decided to purchase an air mattress, seems the thin self-inflating foam just doesn't cut it this time out! I picked up some heavy socks and of course batteries to fill two air mattresses!

Pat said he could "smell" the ocean in Sackville, does that man have a nose or what! On our anniversary, sunny, hot day, we all piled into Adrian's truck (Breda, Adrian, Martin (Adrian's brother and wife Sally) and Pat and I). Drove over to see "Fox Harbour" where Ron Joyce of Tim Horton fame has his luxurious home, had lunch in Wallace and checked out the Josh Winery (where-all-the-samples-are-free-and-I-could-have-spent-all-day!)

Tonite we sit, waiting in the departure lounge for the ferry to Nfld which has been delayed for the third time (due to mechanical problems). We are supposed to now depart at 2:00 a.m. As I stand outside at almost 1:30 a.m. it looks like that time is pushed back yet again. It has stopped raining, people wandering all around, smell of diesel fuel strong in the air.

Would love an herbal tea right now, instead will make due with a tangerine and some nuts. We will see how we do tomorrow with so little sleep tonite. The crossing will take anywhere from 5-7.5 hrs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb