Camping


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Amherst
September 18th 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, here we are after spending 2 nights at Amherst shore Provincial Park. Most of the gear is packed and we're just waiting for the sun to dry the tent so we can pack up and move on. Vicki is reading a book, drinking a tea and relaxing. It's been a great couple of days here with perfect weather.(for September). Yesterday we explored the shoreline at high tide, then did a couple of geocaches, had lunch and returned for low tide. The park has a trail system that includes a path that goes through a tunnel to cross under the road. The beach was littered with snails, small crabs and clams. Small fish were flitting about, feeding in the small pools of warm water created by the receding tide. The sun was warm so I had my shirt off the catch some rays, but the wind was cool, so eventually I had to put it back on. The south shore if PEI is visible in the distance and the same red rocks and sand that they're known for are also on this shore. There's been no bugs except for the odd dragonfly that'll land on you or the tent to sun themselves. We've had eggs both mornings but the rest of our meals have been left-over Thai food from Quebec City and wieners. In this campground if you order wood, they bring it to you wrapped up with some kindling and some newspaper to start the fire. The water is all potable and very handy. The campsites are divided from each other very well with trees and bushes. Not that lack of privacy was an issue, considering that after our neighbour left, there was only one other couple left in the campsite besides us, the park employees and the park host. Yes, this campground employed a host program where volunteers who were camping anyways would be the "host" who would make sure you had everything you need and even bring you the local paper in the morning. As we crawled out of the campground, we were sad to leave it, knowing it was going to be good weather it would have been easy to stay longer. More adventure awaits though, as we head on to Cape Breton.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb