Driving thru New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Edmundston
September 17th 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

With a long drive ahead of us to get to Amherst Shore provincial park in Nova Scotia, we got up early and hit the local Timmy’s before heading out. After taking an incredible amount of time to steep tea we finally head out of there and immediately discover the Macdonald’s that we should have went to instead. While sneaking around the back of the building and hurriedly reading a sign that said Entrée Interdit, I almost ran into a truck coming OUT of the drivethru. Backing up quickly into an open parking space, I was cursing and wondering why the word Entrée would be on an exit. We walked in to get our food and left perplexed. Later Vicki looked it up and it means Entrance Prohibited. For F$#$^& sakes. After that it was drive, drive, drive and more drive, then fuel up and repeat. We did get the odd glimpse of the St. Lawrence Seaway on our route and even when you couldn’t see the water, the farmland in the valley also made a pretty picture. There was a bit of confusion when we crossed a time zone. The gps was giving 17:30 as an arrive time, and I was adding an hour not knowing it had already took the time change into account. At what I thought was still an over an hour to the destination, we were on some serious secondary roads when I figured we should be still on highways. Then, all of a sudden, we were there. Thank goodness. The tent went up easy, the mattress filled up quick, the fire started easy, we ate leftover Thai food and Weenies and relaxed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb