Yellowknife - Day 1!


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the afternoon after a very early start. ;-) We found our B+B in Old Town and then headed to the museum (Prince of Whales Northern Heritage Centre). The museum was was nice and we spent quite a bit of time there!

Kwesi and Meghan managed to convince Kevin and Stephanie that going to Yellowknife in April was an awesome idea! It was Meghan's "I'm done my BA" present and it was worth the journey!

It got cold at night (around -15C) to watch the aurora but the sky was spectacular. The whole trip was a lot of fun.

We stayed in Old Town and walked or took taxis where we needed to go. There was lots to do. We stayed up 3 nights out of 4 to watch the aurora. We used up all of our hand warmers and toe warmers...

We didn't take any photos of the aurora. There are millions online. We chose instead just to enjoy them!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Snowmobile tracksSnowmobile tracks
Snowmobile tracks

The snomobiles went everywhere! We were a lot more apprehensive of the frozen water!
We walked this road many timesWe walked this road many times
We walked this road many times

It's the main corridor between old town and new town
Had to have dinner here!Had to have dinner here!
Had to have dinner here!

It was top rated online. It was expensive but fun.
Kwesi laying down on the ice runwayKwesi laying down on the ice runway
Kwesi laying down on the ice runway

You could see the runway from our B+B. It was quite the sight to see planes take off and land on skis!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb