Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Yellowknife
Blogs from Yellowknife
Latest Blogs from Yellowknife
- January 13th 2013 I'M BACK!- This is late, but better late than never right?!
by Words: 762 Photos: 0
- November 1st 2012 Judge of the Far North, A Book Review
by Words: 1092 Photos: 1
- September 19th 2012 How Dangerous is Dangerous? The "Dangerous Offender"
by Words: 1192 Photos: 0
- September 11th 2012 "No Stops. Justice Awaits!"
by Words: 1076 Photos: 0
- September 3rd 2012 Meandering around Old Town on a cloudy Labour Day...
by Words: 18 Photos: 44
- September 2nd 2012 Arrival, Tours, and Shut down gold mines....
by Words: 361 Photos: 0
- August 7th 2011 Almost to the Border
by Words: 843 Photos: 12
- August 5th 2011 Sambaa Deh Falls
by Words: 650 Photos: 15
- August 3rd 2011 Yellowknife
by Words: 622 Photos: 15
- July 31st 2011 The Road To Yellowknife
by Words: 709 Photos: 9
- July 28th 2011 Ft. Providence
by Words: 471 Photos: 17
- July 27th 2011 Hay River
by Words: 448 Photos: 17
- July 26th 2011 The Northwest Territories
by Words: 1279 Photos: 19
- January 11th 2011 Churchill to Yellowknife... and then...
by Words: 152 Photos: 22
- October 3rd 2010 Yellowknife
by Words: 1765 Photos: 76
- September 29th 2010 Heading up North
by Words: 1597 Photos: 58
- December 14th 2009 Leaving the Frozen North
by Words: 156 Photos: 0
- August 30th 2009 Night and Day and Night with Nigel and Mel in Yellowknife
by Words: 459 Photos: 11
- August 30th 2009 Last day in Yellowknife!
by Words: 279 Photos: 5
- August 29th 2009 Ranney Hill and The Northern Lights!
by Words: 570 Photos: 8