Meandering around Old Town on a cloudy Labour Day...


Advertisement
North America » Canada » Northwest Territories » Yellowknife
September 3rd 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey folks, I think the best way to post this one is to comment on the photos...enjoy!... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Found this station...Found this station...
Found this station...

Wonder what the language is? Must investigate.
The waterThe water
The water

This is basically everywhere. At the end of every street this exists. Nice eh? (Notably, someone put the name "Cody" in spray paint on a rock nearby. I was like boo and was going to take one of my thumbs down photos, but then noticed that it said "RIP Cody" on a nearby rock...and I felt like an a-hole!)
The sign to the ReserveThe sign to the Reserve
The sign to the Reserve

Uh, I got to this and the sign is at the corner of two streets. I couldn't figure out what street was the one that didn't go into the reserve. So, I turned around and went back. I wasn't invited on they land and wasn't about to trespass.
Le BooLe Boo
Le Boo

Ok, I tried to take a photo of the 30 little flies buzzing around my head and my disapproval. Sneaky buggers didn't show up in the picture!
The WarehouseThe Warehouse
The Warehouse

I can just imagine people bringing the goods over and storing them here many years ago. (Also, this was kind of hidden on the side of the road which made it more awesome.)
The backside of Bullock's BistroThe backside of Bullock's Bistro
The backside of Bullock's Bistro

I noticed this cute patio so I took a photo. Then I noticed the MANY dirty signs that were all over the patio and totally cracked up!! Obvs, the owner of this place and I will be bff.
What it used to look like...What it used to look like...
What it used to look like...

Apparently the fish and chips are to die for. I will investigate and report.
Sea plane!Sea plane!
Sea plane!

There are many many of these. Thought I would take a photo although I will not be taking a ride....bc I do not want to be vomitus maximus.
Sweet antler artSweet antler art
Sweet antler art

I didn't take a picture of the other side of the house, but it was these really weird stainglass pictures of lingerie. Huh?



4th September 2012
Possibly my favourite

"no thongs...except on feet"
baaaaahahahahahahah!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb