Day Five


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Slept in this morning and then headed to the tackle shop to get some flies and fishing license. Then to McDonald's for some orange juice and coffee (no free breakfast at the hotel). Then we stopped and picked up a free satelite phone for our journey across Labrador. About an hour outside of town we stopped to fish. Saw a ton of trout but none willing to bite (except for one that was about 3 inches). Back on road which was paved for first 100 kilometers (another treat), but then turned to the nasty gravel. We even saw people on motorcycles, which had to be a rough ride. Stopped a couple more times along the way (to fish) to Churchill Falls but still no luck. Arrived at Churchhill Falls around 5PM (Atlantic time). Pretty interesting town as it was developed for the hydro-electric plant nearby. Had dinner at the hotel (if you can call it that) and then went for a walk and had to fight off the flies. Back to our room for some much needed rest. Hope to get an early start tomorrow for our journey to Goose Bay (which should be alot nicer than this place).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb