Day 2-Friday


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up to an absolutely beautiful day- not a cloud in the sky. Went to breakfast in the dining room that overlooked the bay and Atlantic Ocean. Excellent tea, coffee,muffins, with eggs and bacon. Decided on a scenic 5K trail , Skerwink Trail, that overlooked the Atlantic Ocean. A popular whale sighting but none today - also icebergs broken off from Greenland have been seen floating near this area. This trail was very steep and narrow in spots but other areas were open - just gorgeous. Max and I were so thankful to have our walking sticks and our water bags to sip water as we hiked.After our 2 hr hike, we headed to Port Rexton’s Brewery for a local brew and scrumptious customized grill cheese sandwiches from their food truck. Back at the B n B we enjoyed resting and reading as we soaked up the sea air on their deck- breathtaking view. Ok, dinner at Dock Marina in Trinity Bay - time for some fresh lobster from the lobster pods outside off their deck. So good ...ok done rambling today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

overlooking Bay & Atlantic Oceanoverlooking Bay & Atlantic Ocean
overlooking Bay & Atlantic Ocean

Outside dining room after breakfast
Where we stayed on top of hillWhere we stayed on top of hill
Where we stayed on top of hill

Max hiking up hill to room


14th July 2018

Canada
Wow! Beautiful! Looking like fun and exciting! O Canada
14th July 2018

Newfoundland
That was a very tame Moose that you had your picture taken with. I am glad you are taking pictures and including what you are eating, it completes the trip. Did they just pull the lobsters out of the ocean?
14th July 2018

Moose & lobster
Ha! Very tamed moose! Yes, the lobsters were in their baskets from the water-fresh caught!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb