Day 18 - 07/10/10


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning, after a breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and bacon we head north in our dinghy's to visit Muncho Lake, and Liard Hot Springs. We only made it a couple of miles up the road when we noticed smoke from my vehicle. Found a wide pull off, and after Shelby and I investigated found we had a transmission line that had vibrated loose. Fifteen minutes later we had the probloem repaired and were on our way again.
The pictures of Muncho Lake by no means capture the full beauty of the lake. The water was the clearest most beautiful shade of green I have ever seen. Later we found out that the glaciers had ground the minerials up to a consistency of flour, and that was what caused the greenish-blue color of the lake.
Liard Hot Springs stays a consistent 117 degrees at the point where the spring feeds the pool. Tried to capture the bubbles made by the gases bubbling up into the pool.
Paid the highest price for gas the entire trip so far, $6.80 a U.S. gallon, but only needed a couple of gallons to get back to our home for the night at Toad River. Shelby paid $13.00 for a pack of Canadian cigarettes at Toad River, and that was the last pack of he has purchased.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



26th July 2010

you're about two weeks behind on your homework!!!
26th July 2010

you're about two weeks behind on your homework!!!

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb