How to Move a Library


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

In 183 Days, I will somehow manage to move the LIBRARY of donated books from Nanaimo Canada to Phru Teow in Phang Nga Thailand. Over 800 books have now been donated for the new Library!

That's just one feat....while there I have the daunting task of selecting the second participant for the San Jhon Project.

The initial pilot for the program was an overwhelming success. Nam and Kwang were the best guests and so very brave for taking the leap they did and journeying from their homes to Canada. My goal now, is to make the project real in its next phase.

I will update as things move along here in preparation for the next "short" visit East. I will only be on the ground 14 days, but with a lot of work to do in that short time frame, it will be a busy two weeks.

In the meantime, I hope that all of the sponsors for Nam and Kwang's journay have received thier letters from the DPF in Bangkok and please let me know if you have not!

A brief update:
The Orphanage is in its second phase of development on the new wing of the buidling, five new children have joined the home and many many positive things are happening with training opportunities and new program developments. I will be sure to update this blog as I receive the details.

Love to everyone out there that has supported the kids!

:-)

Advertisement



1st July 2008

Correspondence.
Stephanie... we did receive the written acknowledgement for Nam and Kwang. It's further affirmation that your overall undertaking is "working". Congratulations. Keep us posted/informed.

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb