Day 9


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 25th 2005
Published: July 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

JuneberriesJuneberriesJuneberries

A last look at the wonderful berries of the great northland
I drove through pretty non-descript country from Lac La Hache to Fort Fraser. Mom took over and I slept for an hour. She drove us to the (near) Junction of 16 and 37 to Sealy Lake Provincial Park. This park had a neat history and a lake full of trout, a bunch of noisy kids and camp collectors that do a great job of knowing everything thats going on in camp. We decided not to fish, but we now have our gear accessible for any forays into the pristine wilderness. Dot is in full heat, bleeding all over her fug. It's hard to get her to stay on her rug while we sleep. I imagine that we will have blood all over our things shortly. Ugh.

We are getting going very late today. It's already 11:30 am. We drove out to Stewart and Hyder today. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been to in my life. The drive in was gorgeous and quite spectacular. The two towns reminded me alot of Seward.

Mom drove till 4:30 to Dease Lake. We went to the boat landing to sit and sleep but saw two huge Great Grey Owls and
Sealy LakeSealy LakeSealy Lake

The legend of Medeek
decided to leave. We slept till 7:30 (somewhat, off and in) at an old community hall type building.

When we woke up we gased up at the old gas station for 1.089 a litre. (still 2 cents cheaper than up the road through) We ate little dibbies for breakfast. We stopped at Boya Lake Provincial Park for lunch, scrambled eggs, the rest of the smoked sausage, onions and cheese with 1/2 piece of bread and butter. the lake was turquoise blue/emerald green, like so many we have seen.

Before this we stopped at Simmons Lake, which was so serene--- it has a crystal clear stream running into it and I drank from it.
2:15 mom started driving at the Blue River, we have lost our June berries but have gained some small patches of strawberries. I am too nauseated to continue to write, perhaps a bit of carsickness. we are about 30 km south of the Alaska Hwy at Junction 37.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mom Mom
Mom

Dock at Hyder
GrizzlyGrizzly
Grizzly

feasting on salmon in Fish Creek, Hyder Alaska
Breanna and KayleighBreanna and Kayleigh
Breanna and Kayleigh

They staged this picture, we thought it was really cute.
Boya LakeBoya Lake
Boya Lake

I tried to capture the color, it doesn't do it justice...
Mom and girlsMom and girls
Mom and girls

On the Alaska Highway in Yukon Territory.
YukonYukon
Yukon

Beautiful with the fireweed


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb