Day 8


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 24th 2005
Published: July 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lower BCLower BCLower BC

roadside beauty
We are driving through Spuzzum, B.C. on our way to Cache Creek. If we get there soon enough, we may still keep driving.

I had a pretty bad headache and mom started driving somewhere 2 towns after Hope or so. She drove us to Lac La Hache Provincial Park, which we have dubbed "June Berry" camp, There are trees full of June Berries (Service Berries or Saskatoons for others in the country) everywhere! They hang like grapes from the trees, the funny thing is that it seems NOBODY is eating them!


The kids, mom and I drove over to the otherside of the campground to the lake. Someone had created a volcano and a cat out of sand. I found an awesome little goose feather which looks like a miniture eagle feather. We ate berries at the lake, which were drier and less juicy. We would spit what we didn't want out, and Dot was eating whatever dropped to the ground! She also came around each time she noticed we were eating berries and started eating them herself, right from the tree!

Its a wee bit chilly out tonight. We ate camp hotdish of sorts, mac and
Breanna and kayleignBreanna and kayleignBreanna and kayleign

At Nooksack Falls as we were leaving
cheese, diced tomatoes, smoked sausage, onions, extra cheese with a side of baked honey mustard beans and a slab of bread and butter, it was good stuff.

We saw a camper pull in, an old model, with Alaska plates and I had wanted to say hello and see where they were from, but I think they are on the other side of the campground. Mom and I reminisced about Judd. It was nice to hear about him, time to hit the sack.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SlugSlug
Slug

Amazing sized things on the side of the road in Mt. Baker
Old Church Old Church
Old Church

On the way to Lac La Hache


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb