Sea to Sky Classic Adventures in Squamish, British Columbia - Day 5


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
August 16th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 - Thursday, August 16, 2007
Zipline at Whistler:

For our last day of the trip, we decided to head up Whistler for a nice relaxing (relaxing?) day. Well, relatively speaking, it was definitely much less strenuous than the previous days but we still got our rush on the zipline. We used Ziptrek Ecotours which is based out of Whistler village and their lines are situated in the valley between Blackcomb and Whistler mountains. As we worked our way through the coastal rainforest, the guides gave us an overview of the land around us to build awareness of the environment and what we need to do to protect the last tiny bit of rainforest that exists on the west coast of North America.

We took the Ziptrek Eagle tour and it includes a 2000' line that drops over 20 stories (what?!). The zipline was crazy fun. It was funny to watch the group approach the first launching platform with a lot of trepidation. All of us pretty much hung on for dear life on that first ride. But, once we got it out of the way, we were ready to go upside down, spin, or just hang by our harnesses. I've always wanted to take a trapeze class (yes, just like that 'Sex in the City' episode) and now I HAVE to take a trapeze class. Hmmm...how about a career with Cirque du Soleil? Haha...okay, get a grip, Jocelyn. In total, I think we rode on 5 lines and the 2000' one was great. I seem to recall someone saying that it takes about 45 seconds to get from one platform to the other on that line. All I remember was that I had oodles of time to try different moves.

That night we had dinner at the Bearfoot Bistro in Whistler Village. We've completed the circle and went back to the very spot where all of these crazy, fun, adventures started. We went all out and enjoyed the 5-course prix fixe dinner starting off with oysters and champagne...yummy! Shucks (haha, get it?), I wish I remembered what oysters we had that night, but most were local and one was from the east coast. I could've inhaled the entire platter of oysters myself, but I had to restrain myself and not embarrass myself in front of friends. Kirsten also learned how to open a bottle of champagne using a sword! It was a perfect cut and we only lost a few drops of the champagne. (Oh lordy, just a warning, hide your knives if champagne is being served at your party and Kirsten's invited.) The entire meal was very, very, very good...many kudos to Norm's friend, Melissa, who is the head chef at the restaurant.

It was a great ending to another incredible trip with Norm and Tantalus Adventures and I can't wait for the next one! Hope some of you can join me!

Here is the link to all the pictures from my trip if you're interested. You will have to manually cut and paste the URL: http://activechick415.smugmug.com/gallery/3351158/1/188106444



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



4th September 2007

Fun
Thanks Jocelyn, your trip looks awesome!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb