8 hours to take off


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
December 13th 2012
Published: December 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Passion MonkeyPassion MonkeyPassion Monkey

She'll be coming with us around the world now. Each girl we work with contributing to her attire.
Well we are off again but this time with two new INCREDIBLE team members and a suitcase of stellar Lunapads. It's country # 4 of 12 for Global Sorority .

Over the next 17 days Tia, Robyn, Reem, and I will be traveling to India to connect with over 25 girls and young women for our documentary. We will be learning about their lives, providing them with leadership tools, all school aged girls will receive a Lunapads Pads4Girls kit, and we'll be asking them about how they see the world, what they would like their future to look like, what might stop them from achieving it, and what they might need to get there.

We will be starting off in Mumbai interviewing a young woman involved with Point of View and ending with a group of over 20 girls and young women in Bangalore who are connected with a program created by Jennifer, a graduate of Simon Fraser University and a Passion volunteer researcher. To find out more about her amazing program with women check out her Global Concern's blog

Global Sorority 1: Uganda, Italy, and Ireland was our first run. We learnt so much our first trip. We learnt about making a documentary, we learnt so much from all the amazing girls and young women we met along the way as well as from our own reflections of what this means for us. It really cemented our belief and passion in this endeavour and what it will mean for girls everywhere. We are excited to share that it will be included in a Vancouver film festival in April 2013!

If you didnt get an opportunity to contribute to this trip there is 18 days left to support us on the next one

We chose Global Giving so we can expand into the US. By making a contribution as little as $12, the same cost as two coffees and a treat at Starbucks or a movie ticket, you'll be helping reach out to girls in Vietnam and the Philippines. If we make our goal of 40 donors totally 5K we become a vested program with Global Giving which means we can expand our outreach!

We'll be in London for 6 hours so I'm pretty sure we'll have some fun photos to upload. In the mean time, take off is in 4 hours and Passion monkey is helping me pack all the Lunapads that took over my luggage.

I want to give a BIG shout out to:

All our AMAZING supporters! This would not be possible without you and your contributions.

To my Global Sorority team: Tia, Robyn, and Reem thank you for all the resources, heart, and energy you've put into making this happen so far!

To Kat Thorsen for showing me how to make Passion Monkey and diving into a new amazing journey with Passion Projects in 2013!

And lastly and most importantly, to the over 300 amazing girls and young women in Canada, Kenya, and Uganda that I've had the privilege to work with in the last 4 years with the Passion Foundation. Without your dedication to want to be the best person you can be in the world today, willing to trust me to take you on a new journey in life, I would not be on this journey. Thank you for being a part of the creation of Global Sorority.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb