Our Last Hurrah


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Vancouver is a little melancholy--we don't want our Olympics to be over! We finished-almost- our final packing and last minute stuff. While we were doing this the TV was on, so we were able to see the first period of the hockey game. What a Game!! Our guys were scoring goal after goal!! They won 6-1.
We left to wander our way down to pick up our final tickets for short track speed skating for tonight. Off to the Pacific Coliseum to see Apolo in the 500 m and the 5000 m relay!
We arrived at the venue and got to our seats. Janice was a nervous wreck! The race was fast and furious. Apolo seemed to be in the medals, but he was disqualified. We weren't sure why he was, but Janice was pretty upset. It seemed unfair to us. He just put up his hands and smiled. He was an amazing good sport about it.
The women skated next, and Katherine Ruetter won a silver for her race! Next was the 5000 m relay which is a crazy race! 5 teams and a total of 20 skaters, refs, and some volunteers are all on the ice at the same time --. It was organized chaos but fun to watch. USA won the bronze!! We could hardly believe our luck because the Victory Ceremony was going to be held right then, and we got to be there to see them get their medals!!! What a great way for our last event to end.
Tomorrow at 5:00 we leave for the airport....sniff.
Thanks for sharing our trip--it has been the dream of a lifetime. We will have one more entry, so keep tuned in to the "Vancouver Girls".

Advertisement



1st March 2010

We can't wait to see you at home! Have a safe trip home! There's a ton of snow!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb