Gastown Exploring


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
February 26th 2010
Published: February 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our new condo is on Robson St. --right in the middle of the partying festivities. The Canadians do like to party, and they have had a lot of reason to party lately! You can hear the loud chanting and the horns very clearly. Life is short--celebrate!
We walked from our new place on Robson St. to Gastown in the morning. Walking all over the city is so easy! Love it!! We had lunch and walked -and shopped our way- down Water Street. Shops everywwhere -full of Olympic stuff and souvenirs. of all kinds. We have done our small part in helping the Canadian economy while we are in Vancouver. Unfortunately, the one item everybody wants "THE RED OLYMPIC MITTENS"--are completely sold out. 3 1/2 million were ordered and all are gone-except for toddlers. Oprah even had them on her show and gave her ente audience a pair.
We came back to the condo and regrouped. Off to dinner at Earl's to watch the women's ice skating finals and celebrate the Olympics. We walked back down Robson St. which was full of people waiting to see the fireworks and the laser light show. Hundreds of people everywhere! It is fun here!
Tonight APOLO!!

Advertisement



27th February 2010

You guys did great cheering on Apolo!!! It was really sad when he was disqualified earlier but he redeemed himself in the last race. He is so good. It's almost over and leaving Vancouver will really be sad I'm sure. What wonderful memories you are bringing back. I intend to see each and every one of the pictures. Travel safely my friends.

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb