Final Preparations!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
June 22nd 2005
Published: June 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

DIsgruntled CatDIsgruntled CatDIsgruntled Cat

Jelly always seems to know when we are about to leave him behind, and he really hates it. But he hates camping even more.

Final preparations to the camper


To our great delight, the new poptop canvas we ordered at the end of May arrived Friday, so we will have it in place for the trip. We’re having it installed tomorrow at Go West. They will also replace our incandescent light fixture with a fluorescent one - hopefully keeping the camper cooler on hot nights, and saving the battery as well.

We are hoping the used Bentley manual Kath ordered last week will also arrive before we leave. This is the official Westy repair manual, which many Westy owners like to keep in the vehicle, in case they run into mechanical problems far away from the nearest good VW mechanic. We have also packed the list of reputable VW mechanics in BC and Alberta, which we downloaded from Roadhaus Website .

Kath bought a couple of ball latches yesterday at Lee Valley, and installed them in the stove top. Now the drain board should stay latched in the upright position while we’re cooking.

Monday, we gave Vanita a thorough exterior wash and detailing, so we could put her bra (black, but not lace) back on, in preparation for driving through mosquito-ville. We’ve also bought a couple of mosquito nets for our Tilley hats. I don’t know if the bugs are as bad as they say in the BC interior, but we’re prepared just in case. It’s kind of like bringing an umbrella to prevent rain.

We want to be entirely packed up by Friday night. We’ll be going to the Diana Krall concert that night, and then heading for the 6:30 am Horseshoe Bay Ferry Saturday!

More itinerary information


We decided it was time to get more organized about our post-Queen Charlotte’s inventory, if we are truly going to ensure we get a couple of days in Calgary with Kath’s younger daughter at the end. So here is the newly updated, (but always tentative!) itinerary:


Jelly is none too happy about all these arrangements, but the neighbors will be taking good care of him while we are gone.


Advertisement



22nd June 2005

Vanita?
With a name like Vanita, she is sure to give you trouble. Have you thought of a name like Hercules or Atlas? Yes, I know you are lesbians but a little testosterone underfoot never hurt anyone.... Have a great trip!
23rd June 2005

Mosquitoville
You will need the netting. Mosquito families like to picnic on nice warm city folk; they take bites out of their victims, fly to the top of the nearest tree, and laugh as they eat. I hope northern BC enjoys having you visit and you enjoy her. See you at the end of July. Love, Margo

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb