Sun setting over Stanley Park in the Fall


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » Stanley Park
November 2nd 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today, our last day in Vancouver, was a warm, sunny Sunday. We picnicked with Ally then spent the afternoon wandering around Stanley park capturing all the beautiful autumn colours as the sunset over the city.

Last night was halloween so we followed tradition and carved some pumpkins, dressed up in gory outfits and bought the biggest, baddest box of fireworks we could find. The city was screaming with fireworks going off in every street, fire-truck sirens in the background and the wafting smell of gunpowder. It was a warm night so we had a few drinks, Anna (Ally's housemate) cooked us all a feast, we ate candy and sat out on the front porch because it was such an unusually warm evening. Fireworks are excellent, we lit the fuse then bolted... and survived. We both agree that if we could bring anything back to Australia it would definately be fireworks and yam chips which seem to be on every menu.

Flying over to Calgary tomorrow morning then on to Banff to start our job hunt the day after that... fingers crossed that next time I write we'll be employed in our dream jobs and settled in Lake Louise.

xx Sarah.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Pumpkins and costumesPumpkins and costumes
Pumpkins and costumes

everyone agreed that your individual personalities seem to come out in the face you carve into your pumpkin, ie: Ben's is menacing and Sarah's happy looking.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb